October 13, 2014

FashionMondays to Bill Cunningham

I've collected some of my favorite quotes from the one and only Bill Cunningham. The only photographer that knows street fashion and embraces it with realness, curiosity, and covers every street there is.  He's not one to be in your face about it, he rather stand on the side observing every piece of clothing and then captures what speaks to him. If I can have just 50% of what he sees in fashion, I'd be content about life overall. He's my fashion idol. He taught me more about fashion then any designer there is because capturing fashion isn't work, it's fun.

I hope someday to be photographed by him, know him and pick his brain for someone who's met fashion daily, face to face.

Mr. Bill Cunningham:

"The best fashion show is definitely on the street. Always has been, and always will be."

"The main thing I love about street photography is that you find the answers you don't see at the fashion shows. You find information for readers so they can visualize themselves."

"I go out every day. When I get depressed at the office, I go out, and as soon as I'm on the street and see people, I feel better. But I never go out with a preconceived idea. I let the street speak to me."

"I'm not interested in celebrities, with their free dresses. I'm interested in clothes."

Last but not least, my favorite one of all because I feel like it speaks Bill Cunningham 100%.

"The problem is I'm not a good photographer. To be perfectly honest, I'm too shy. Not aggressive enough. Well, I'm not aggressive at all. I just loved to see wonderfully dressed women, and I still do. That's all there is to it."

Thank you Bill Cunningham for reminding me why I love fashion. Why I embrace every dress up moment for myself and no one else. Why I dress to be me and love me for me. I'm not worried because I don't have all the money to buy all the amazing clothes out there. I love that I work hard to get what I could afford and rock it with the best of my ability, my passion.

"He who seeks beauty, will find it" Bill Cunningham.


No comments:

In this Blog