October 26, 2014

Sunday's Best: Pulling a Carrie Bradshaw

Hello Beautiful,

Since I've recently watched Sex and the City movie 1&2 I couldn't get a few outfits out of my mind and had to recreate it from my wardrobe.

I cut a maxi dress that I didn't care so much about and knew it was cheap enough to cut away. I put the dress on and marked where my belly button was with a sharpie on the dress (tiny mark). Then I took the dress off and laid the dress down, flat and wrinkle free so I can measure how big I wanted the opening to be. I started off with a more narrow triangle because it's always safer to cut little by little unless you are confident in your measurements and cutting.



Once I made sure each side had about the same amount of material on both ends, I started to cut. I gave and took a few inches here and there and the lines weren't exactly straight. But like I said in the beginning, it was cheap enough to make mistakes and if it didn't work out, Oh well I'll try again with another dress.

I was pretty stoked with the results! I added a normal white button up over the dress and tucked in the front part of the white tee into my jeans. I added a statement belt and necklace as well to add more color and sophistication.

Can't forget the BCBG Max Azria snake strap heels! The perfect touch to the whole outfit.


Here is my inspiration to my Sunday's Best #OOTD:
(the best photos I can find)



No comments:

In this Blog